David Conner was one of three judges for the 47th Annual St. Petersburg City Beautification Awards which took place September 17th, 2013. These awards are for homes, business properties, and institutions located in the City of St. Petersburg that demonstrate exceptional landscape work.
The criteria for selection:
- Overall aesthetic appeal
- Professionalism in landscape design, color, and balance
- Quality of architectural design and placement
- Treatment of parking areas
- Preservation of trees and natural amenities
- Awareness of ordinances and city code
- Determination if the property enhances appearance of the area
The four award winners were
- TriplePoint Design – 6400 First Ave N
- PDQ Resturant – 4526 4th St N
- St. Anthony Friary – 357 2nd St N
- Flori de Leon Apartments – 130 4th Ave N
A Home of the Year Award was also determined by the judges and the recipient was the Sinclair Residence, located in the Eagle Crest area. Special Merit awards were presented to the Roper, Marion, Goforth, and Stamey Residences.
David Conner along with David Conner + Associates was honored to be a part of this celebration of landscape design and sustainability. For more information on the St. Petersburg Parks and Recreation or the City Beautification Awards please visit stpeteparksrec.org.